In JSW Innowacje’s headquarters in Katowice, the company officially presented its mission and goals as well as the framework program of the IMF congress. The meeting was inaugurated by Tadeusz Wenecki, Chairman of JSW Innowacje company, which is a strategic partner of the international congress. The meeting was attended by representatives of the IMF Programme Council and Scientific Committee, including Daniel Ozon, acting President of the JSW Management Board and the Chairman of the IMF Programme Council and Artur Dyczko, the JSW Management Board Representative for the Technical Matters and the Vice President of the IMF Programme Council.
Innovations, modern technologies and optimal development
JSW Innowacje will develop technologies and systems that enhance the potential and capabilities of whole JSW Capital Group. One of the main task of the new company will be the preparation, management and realization of strategic research and development programs, which will be directly influencing the development of Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa.
- Modern technologies, innovations and well-executed investments will sustain the company’s position as the prominent coke coal producer and leading coke producer in the European market – said Daniel Ozon, acting President of JSW. – The use of modern technology is a proper direction, which will not only provide optimal development for JSW but also will guide the entire mining industry. This year’s June IMF congress, which we host, will be also devoted to this topic. We hope that it will become a place for effective technological dialogue between Poland and the World, which will open up new opportunities for innovative mining solutions.
Beyond efficiency enhancement in the domain of coal mining and coke production, JSW Innowacje will work on modern solutions for resources and waste management and innovative solutions for post-industrial areas revitalization within JSW Group.
Core business of the new company
- Initiation, preparation and managing of the research and development projects for the JSW Group;
- Co-operation with mines, processing and coke plants to enhance production efficiency in the JSW Group;
- Acquisition of EU funds;
- Monitoring of the scientific achievements in the mining sector and areas affecting the development of new technologies;
- Creating a knowledge base of ongoing research and projects, emerging solutions and other development activities implemented in Polish and foreign mining industry;
- Initiation of joint research projects with the National Centre for Research and Development.
International Mining Forum 2017
The International Mining Forum (IMF) conference was created as the initiative of the Polish Academy of Science and the AGH University of Science and Technology in Cracow. IMF 2017 will be held in Jastrzębie-Zdrój in the Pniówek Mine on 28-30 June 2017. Its main organizer is the Rybnik Branch of the Association of Mining Engineers and Technicians. The honorary patronage of the event has been taken by the Ministry of Energy, Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa is the host. IMF - JSW 2017 intends to become a platform for the exchange of scientific thought and practical engineering solutions in an international setting with the participation of mining representatives from Europe and beyond. IMF-JSW 2017 will deal with the following thematic scope:
- Underground mining at the threshold of the 21st century.
- New techniques and technologies in underground mining of deposits.
- Directions for enhancing the efficiency of preparatory works.
- Mine ventilation and air conditioning.
- IT in the mining industry.
- Mining of deposits in natural hazards conditions.
- Occupational safety management in mines.
- Important task for IMF – JSW 2017 is to present the changes that have been experienced by Polish mining industry at the turn of the century, but also the challenges that mining faces now and will face in the near future – said Artur Dyczko, the JSW Management Board Representative for the Technical Matters and the Vice President of the Programme Council – Polish mining needs to develop rationally, to rise to the challenges of very difficult, dynamically changing market. During the congress we will be discussing with industry experts and scientists how to implement and use modern technical and IT solutions in mines.